Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Book club

I'm so excited about our upcoming book club meeting on Jane Austen's Emma!! We are meeting on the 21st and we are going to have a themed dinner with tea, china and fancy sandwiches. We may even dress up if we can find the appropriate attire. I hope you are enjoying it as well and are ready with your comments and discussion!!

I thought I'd mention this new Emma movie that came out by BBC Masterpiece Theatre. It is full length and very accurate to the story unlike the Gweneth Paltrow version which cuts out alot of details. A must see for any Austen fan. As someone who has read all the Austen books and watched almost every version of the movies, this was one of my favorites. Of course the Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice is the all time best!

http://www.amazon.com/Emma-Romola-Garai/dp/B002XTBE6K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1294776240&sr=8-3

No comments:

Post a Comment